Community Resource Bureau
The Community Resource Bureau (CRB) strives to work with the community to identify the types of crime prevention and community programs that will best serve the needs of the community. The CRB also works to resolve community issues which typically go beyond the normal patrol officer's response. The Community Resource Bureau falls under the jurisdiction of the Administrative Division and is supervised by Sergeant Arthur Gittens. Officer Eric Pew is assigned on a full-time basis to the position of Community Resource Officer (CRO) to help coordinate the responsibilities of the bureau.
Below is a list of the initiatives, programs, resources, and events that are available through the Burlington Twp. Police. Please click each link for more information!
Programs & Initiatives
- Internship Program: The goal of the program is to provide a positive learning environment for interested college students to experience the various aspects and responsibilities of law enforcement first hand.
- Home Safety Tips and Self Assessment: Click here to read on how you can keep your home safe. Tips include security while you are away and the do’s & don’ts of home security
- Youth Emergency Services Academy: Our department coordinates with the Burlington Township Fire Department and Endeavor Emergency Squad to provide a one-week program to Burlington Township residents. Youth participants get an all around experience by spending time with Police, Fire, and EMS!
- Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT): Burlington Township Police Department sponsors a DVRT in conjunction with the Burlington City and Florence Township Police Department. This dedicated group of volunteers responds to the police department to assist victims of domestic violence during a trying and difficult time in their lives.
- Graffiti Eradication Program: In its continuing efforts to preserve the quality of the community, the Burlington Township Police Department established a Graffiti Eradication Program. Click above to read more.
- Citizen CARE Program: Its purpose is to contact and assist individuals or groups that may be as risk, or may be more sensitive or vulnerable to extreme weather or other conditions.
- K.I.D.S (Kids Identification DNA System): The department provides kits for parents to collect and store their child’s DNA so that in an emergency, a DNA sample from the child is available.
- Apartment Complex Partnership: A Program initiated at the beginning of 2009 to better promote relationships between the police department and the apartment communities in town.
- Project Medicine Drop: Burlington Township Police Department serves as a medicine drop box location allowing citizens to safely dispose of expired or unwanted medication.
- School Resource Officer Program (SROs): The department assigns a full-time officer to each of the four (4) schools in the Burlington Township School District. These officers act as a liaison between the police department and schools.
- Mayor's Health Fair & Shred-It Event: Each year a health fair is held at the Burlington Township Municipal Building in conjunction with a document shredding service. Discarded information can put you at risk of fraud & scams. This annual event provides a free opportunity for residents to destroy those documents.
- National Night Out: Our department participates annually in National Night Out, a community event to promote police-community partnerships, crime prevention, and neighborhood camaraderie. This event is held the first Tuesday of every August!
To receive more information, please email email@example.com.