10/15/2019 - Bomb Threat Suspect Charged with Additional Offenses
BURLINGTON TOWNSHIP, NJ – On Thursday, October 10, 2019, the Burlington Township Police Department arrested Sharif A. Brookes (28-year-old male from Burlington, NJ) for making a telephoned bomb threat to the Young School. The investigation determined that Brooks made the threat as an attempt to divert police resources away from an unrelated narcotics investigation that was occurring at the time in the 500 block of Neck Road.
During the course of the narcotics investigation, police recovered a stolen Taurus G2C 9mm handgun loaded with a high capacity magazine, 24 baggies of suspected crack cocaine, several glass mason jars containing over 200 grams of suspected marijuana, and various drug paraphernalia.
As a result of that investigation, Brooks has been subsequently charged with:
• One count unlawful possession of a handgun
• One count possession of a firearm while committing a CDS offense
• One count certain person not to possess weapons
• One count possession of a large capacity ammunition magazine
• One count manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing cocaine
• One count manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing marijuana
• One count possession of cocaine
• One count possession of marijuana
• One count receiving stolen property
• One count possession of drug paraphernalia
Brooks remains lodged in the Burlington County Jail pending his appearance in court.