Community Resource Bureau
The Community Resource Bureau strives to work with the community to address issues and try to resolve problems. Some of the initiatives/programs that have been implemented are:
- Community Policing Survey: This form helps Burlington Township Community Resource to develop programs and focus on what matters to the community.
- National Night Out: Our department participates annually in National Night Out, a community event to promote police-community partnerships, crime prevention, and neighborhood camaraderie.
- College Internship Program: the goal is to provide a positive learning environment for interested college students to experience the various aspects and responsibilities of law enforcement first hand.
- Home Safety Tips and Self Assessment: Click here to read on how you can keep your home safe. Tips include security while you are away and the do’s & don’ts of home security
- Kids Safety Camp: Our department works with the Burlington Township Fire Department to sponsor a Kids Safety Camp annually promoting safety. This two-day camp is held to teach safety measures to 5th and 6th grade students.
- Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT): Burlington Township Police Department sponsors a DVRT in conjunction with the Burlington City and Florence Township Police Department. This dedicated group of volunteers responds to the police department to assist victims of domestic violence during a trying and difficult time in their lives.
- Graffiti Eradication Program: In its continuing efforts to preserve the quality of the community, the Burlington Township Police Department established a Graffiti Eradication Program. Click above to read more.
- Citizen CARE Program: Its purpose is to contact and assist individuals or groups that may be as risk, or may be more sensitive or vulnerable to extreme weather or other conditions.
- Shred It Event: Discarded information can put you at risk. This annual event provides an opportunity for residents to destroy documents to minimize that risk.
- K.I.D.S (Kids Identification DNA System) The department provides kits for parents to collect and store their child’s DNA so that in an emergency, a DNA sample from the child is available.
- Apartment Complex Partnership A Program initiated at the beginning of 2009 to better promote relationships between the police department and the apartment communities in town.
- Project Medicine Drop Burlington Township Police Department serves as a medicine drop box location allowing citizens to safely dispose of expired or unwanted medication.
To receive more information on any of these programs, please contact Sgt. A. Gittens.